Thursday, June 18, 2009

We are expecting!!!

Today is a day that I will never forget. I am down in Florida for a wedding. I was at the store picking up some items and decided to pick up another pregnancy test since I did not bring mine from home. I had gotten three negative tests earlier in the week and had already accepted the fact that this was not our month. I truly did not expect to get a positive result and was just trying to prompt AF to show. I thought that I had started AF on the way home from the store. I laughed because I had bought the pregnancy test and it looked like I would not need it. I got back home to my mom's were we were staying while in town and talked to Greg as he was boarding his flight to meet me.
I then went into the bathroom and was surprised that AF had not started. I needed to pee so I broke out the pregnancy test just for kicks. I was used to staring at the tests and no line popping up. Well that did not happen, at 13 dpo the pink crosshairs showed right away. I am pregnant.

It was truly the most surreal feeling in the world, especially because Greg was now boarded on a plane with his cell phone off. I have about 2.5 hours before I can tell him that he is going to be a father.
I called Michelle, the most fabulous friend New Orleans can offer, because she would know what to do. It helps that she is also expecting a little boy named Noah. I talked with her for over an hour, she is so excited for us.
I was keeping an eye on Greg's flight and go figure it was delayed. Instead of arriving around midnight, he would touch down around 1:15 am. Well I bring the box with the test in the car with me to the airport. Thank goodness for technology because I kept tracking the flight on my cell phone. His flight finally gets to the gate and I see him walking out of the terminal. I run and give him a hug and tell him that I have a surprise in the car for him. He is really excited because he thought that I brought snacks for him to eat. We get to the car and I have the box on the seat. He asked what it was, I told him to read the box since it is pretty clearly printed what it is. He looked at me and I told him that he was going to be a father. Hugs and kisses insued.
We are going to parents!!
3 weeks 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment