Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Our appointment today

I had an appointment today with the other doctor in the practice.  I have to say that I am liking both Dr. S and Dr. K.  I was weighed and I am up 3 pounds from my last appointment, so a total of 7 pounds so far.  Then the nurse took me to my room and took my blood pressure, which is always awesome if I say so myself.  Then she used the doppler to find the baby's heartbeat.  She had to chase the little bugger around my ute for a few minutes before we were able to get a good reading.  The heart rate was 158 right within the normal range.  Also, right in between the old wives tale using the babies heart rate to guess the gender.

I meet with Dr. K today and he checked that everything was going ok.  He also changed my due date to 2/25 based on the measurements from my ultrasound.  (I used my ovulation day to determine my estimated due date which is 2/26)  Hey NP who did our consultation, I guess I was right and you can put that stupid wheel somewhere else!!!  He gave me a script for my anatomy ultrasound on post.  I made my next appointment for the 30th.

I went to Walgreens to pick up my prenatal vitamins and went inside to look for my favorite hair-ties.  It is the only place that carries scunci, everywhere else only has goodies.  How annoying.  But a lovely lady who was restocking the hair products told me about a coupon in their circular.  So I got three packs for like 3 dollars :)

When I got back on post I stopped at the health center and went to make an appointment with radiology.  I will have my scan done on the 29th.  My ob office told me that they do not tell you the gender of the baby, and the third line on my form says that it is against their policy to reveal the gender and not even to ask for it.  We might be able to get a social scan done at the ob's to see what it is.  Otherwise we will have to wait or make a trip Tucson to one of those 3d/4d places.

1 comment:

  1. aww im pretty sure well be in AZ by the 25th, but hold the little one in just 3 more days!!

    ReplyDelete